Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Delays during web browsing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Rutt Roh

Rutt Roh

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:02 AM

this has happened for all my browsers, to include my recently installed Firefox 3.

this is an intermittent problem, that i've started to notice when i upgraded firefox. basically what happens is that when i'm loading a webpage, i see a "Loading www.site.com..." in the status bar and it takes anywhere from 5-10 seconds for the page to pop up. once i'm at the site, browsing usually is smooth but after clicking several links, i run into the same issue. this isn't just for one site... it's for any when i surf the net. the intermittent part is that sometimes webpages load fast for several minutes (and that's for any site) but then i later come across that delay again. and it's not just for firefox... it's for all browsers so i don't think it's a browser issue.

i read up how this might be a dns issue or something about disabling ipv6. well, in my network connection properties in TCP/IP, i manually entered my DNS servers as preferred and alternate DNS servers which i found using "ipconfig /all" in the command prompt.

that seemed to work, but after awhile i ran into that delay again when i tried accessing some similar websites. also used OpenDNS server IPs and pretty much had the same result.

how do i fix this? i guess i was used to everything loaded very fast... my internet connection through my apartment complex is a 4Mbps speed.

Edited by Rutt Roh, 24 January 2009 - 12:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users