Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Games wont work after there copied

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:50 PM

Like when I make a backup copy of one of my games it wont play the copied disk. Why is this? Its really anoying and sometimes my disk gets scrathed and well I have to go get a new one.

What do you think is the reason for this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 26 May 2005 - 04:47 AM

Many games are copyright protected and won't let you use a burned copy. Do you think that could be the case here?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:29 AM

Leurgy is right, nut there are some high tech burners that can beat the anti-scan software on games. They are really expensive but there out there.

#4 deerslayer

deerslayer

• Members
  • 322 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:31 AM

Hey CGM3, If you're talking about the "terminator 3" game; I read in the manual that it has a thing like Leurgy said.
Frankie or Leurgy:
So there's no other way around that copyright protected thing except the hi-tech burner? :thumbsup:
When I was born, I was so surprised I didn't talk for a year and a half!!!
Posted Image
signature done by EFIZZER!!!
If you're ever in the nut house, look me up.
~Deerslayer

#5 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:51 AM

Most software, depending on the licencing agreement allows you to make one copy legally for backup purposes. What games are we talking about here? Perhaps we could check the Terms of Use or Terms of Sale and see what they say.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#6 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:44 AM

Yes there is a program I know of that allows you to burn "virtually" anything that is copyright protected, however you need to know what protection it is using. (may sound wrong, :thumbsup: )

I've been successfully able to burn back-up copies of The Sims Deluxe Edition.

However you must be careful what you burn, unless it is stated in the TOS of the software that you are not allowed to make back-up or personl copies, then you can't burn it.

I'm not mentioning the name of the software for secruity and copyright reasons.

Edited by yanowhiz, 26 May 2005 - 10:46 AM.

#7 twistofcain1976

twistofcain1976

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:48 PM

i saw a show the other day that dealt with this too, they had one program that read the disks copywrite protection type, then another program that burnt a copy with you having to select what the type was.

other then getting yourself illegal crack files for it there is not really much of a way legally to do this.

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:51 PM

See this discussion about the legality of making backup copies of games that you own:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/help/entry.html?cat=24

http://www.theesa.com/ip/anti_piracy_faq.php

Cheers,
John

Edited by jgweed, 26 May 2005 - 11:52 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#9 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:32 AM

I thought it had a copyright but wondered what you thought I could do about it. I have this program called Daemond tools that is supposed to make a virtual copy and then copy it to the hard drive or cd to get around the copyright.

But I cant figure out how to operate the program. I have had many disks get scrathed up and then wished I had a backup copy but when you copy some they wont work after there copied.

#10 madnlooney

madnlooney

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2005 - 06:39 AM

i think you use your burning software, but instead of selecting your dvd drive, u select your virtual drive that deamon gives you. this should then make an image. i still think the copyright on the cd will stop this tho.

#11 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2005 - 09:59 PM

Most companies like EA games and sports (SIMS is big on this) have really strict copyright protection. The really only way to get around it is to have a hi tech burner but it is against the law since EA or what ever company dosn't want you doing that.

#12 deerslayer

deerslayer

• Members
  • 322 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:28 AM

The name of the game is TERMINATOR 3 WAR of the MACHINES. It's made by ATARI.
When I was born, I was so surprised I didn't talk for a year and a half!!!
Posted Image
signature done by EFIZZER!!!
If you're ever in the nut house, look me up.
~Deerslayer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users