Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista recovery

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 drwbry

drwbry

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:28 PM

I have a minor, but annoying problem with my HP Pavillion dv6000. I have been in contact with HP support for the past couple days and they have recommended i purchase the vista recovery disks ($15) then use active diskkill to remove all drives from my computer. Then use the recovery disks i purchased (because i guess the recovery partition is corrupt as well) to fix it. now i have been reading online and saw that neosmart (http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/) has a download for the .iso file for vista recovery. if i burned that image on a DVD, would that be the same thing as purchasing the vista recovery disks from HP? would i be able to run diskkill then fully recovery vista to a workable state with the neosmart .iso? thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:30 AM

I have a H.P.g6000 and on mine I used a option with H.P.to restore to factory settings wich required no disk at all.I accessad it tfrough f11 or you can get it from recovery manager,at least I could on mine.There are even details on H.P.site on restoring factory settings.It wipes all your files out and you have to reconnect to the internet and download anti virus etc.Its just a option I thought might be worth mentioning.

#3 drwbry

drwbry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:53 AM

yeah i know about the restore to factory settings. i have already done that, but the problem is that my vista files were shipped to me corrupt. from the day i opened the laptop box, i was experiencing the minor (but annoying) problem. the "restore to factory settings" option did nothing because the factory settings were messed up already. just wanted to know if the neosmart files would cure this problem. thanks for your input though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users