Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

used computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 andyhutch

andyhutch

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:09 PM

aquired a used time computer from a friend who tried to wipe it clean but messed it up. have used the reload cd to restore it to original but when i switch it on it hangs at the "verifying DMI pool data" and won't go any further. anybody know how i can fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 I.T. Works

I.T. Works

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:18 PM

Sounds like a failing hard drive to me. I've had bad hard drives that I hooked up to a working computer as a secondary drive and it caused the machine to hang at the same place. Also check your jumper on your drive. Set it to CS or Master in that order. When the computer first boots up you should be able to hit a button to enter the BIOS settings. See if your drive is recognized in there. If not, buy a new hard drive, do a reload and you should be good.

Edited by I.T. Works, 23 January 2009 - 08:21 PM.

-Nelson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users