Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The worst downloads of 2008

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lloyd T

Lloyd T

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:32 PM

From the article:

Sure, you're all jazzed about Barack Obama and looking forward to a brighter 2009, but what about the catastrophes of 2008? I'm not talking about the financial meltdown, Sarah Palin, or The Love Guru, I'm talking about the worst downloads of the year.

Every three months, Tom Merritt (of CNET TV renown) and I collaborate on a lighthearted tribute to the software failures that stick out among the many excellent programs on Download.com worse than John McCain supporters at the Inauguration Day gala.

http://www.download.com/8301-2007_4-101465...;photoPromoMain

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:42 PM

I can see why they are considered some of the worse - especially the one called, "Psychiatric Diagnosis Suite" - not only ugh but who in their right mind would even consider such a thing! Geesh!
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#3 Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:47 AM

Oops, my bad--Lloyd T. was linking to an article. My brain was fried after trying to deal with Microsoft!

Edited by fuzzywuzzy6, 24 January 2009 - 11:02 PM.

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:20 PM

I can see why they are considered some of the worse - especially the one called, "Psychiatric Diagnosis Suite" - not only ugh but who in their right mind would even consider such a thing! Geesh!

I'll have you know that that program works perfectly! It said I was completely sane and without any homicidal tendancies towards Algerian Ballerinas whatsoever, something my high-priced "professional" psychologist claims to be untrue! This little gem will save me thousands of dollars in unnecessary eletro-shock therapy treatments!

#5 Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:02 AM

That's only because the Ballet Algerienne performed penguin lake in real penguin feathers and beaks. Kind of like Bjork, in her swan gown.

Edited by fuzzywuzzy6, 30 January 2009 - 04:02 AM.

#6 GTK48

GTK48

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:57 AM

I would add IE 8.0 to that list. :thumbsup:

#7 Goldwyn

Goldwyn

• Members
  • 194 posts