Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

In your opinion, what's the best anti-virus on the market ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tarheel Ladybug

Tarheel Ladybug

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:07 PM

Going to store now - sick of numerous problems - need best i can get - help me????!!!!!! (More details in the "infeted computer forum) Just want to know what you folks consider "the very best".

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:38 PM

Hi tarheel ladybug,

These forums are littered with the answers to this popular question.

The answer isn't straightforward because even the best antiviruses and antispyware programs are absolutely useless when a new, fast-spreading infection appears.

What you should look for is an auto-updating antivirus and preferably a free one. Free does not mean useless it just means it does what it says and nothing else. Recommended here are Avast and Antivir.

Auto-updating means that the most up to date signatures (this means that the virus is in the database and can be removed) are automatically added to your product.

None of this means nothing unless you also regularly scan your PC. Once a week is a good average.

The antispywares that are the most updated and powerful and recommended here are Superantispyware and Spyblaster. These are free and good programs and also they don't require you to know anything about viruses.

I would provide you with a link to more info but I get the feeling you just want others recommendations so I will just say that I use Avast and Superantispyware and leave it to the BC crowd to add to this... :thumbsup:
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#3 TeO24

TeO24

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

I would suggest you Kaspersky Internet Security 2009.
I have it and i am very happy that my pc is safe.It controls all applications and their activities and keep me aware of what's going on in my computer.
Also it has lots of virus updates in a day.
Good luck with your choice!!!

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:55 PM

Since this question is also asked in the Am I Infected forum. And to avoid confusing you and our members with multiple posts I am closing this post and linking to your original thread you are being helped with.

See this thread: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/197510/my-computer-is-possessed-not-by-me-and-needs-an-exorcism/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users