Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP pv9623cl Notebook will not start

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 vsjane

vsjane

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:09 AM

For the past year my notebook has been a HP 17" pv9623cl dual hard core 2GB RAM that operated with Windows Vista Home Premium. The problems encountered were too many, beginning with blue screen crashes that numbered 237 over the year the notebook kind of worked. In September of last year while using the notebook on the internet it suddenly shut down. I was never able to restart the notebook. It was sent to HP where a technician diagnosed the notebook's problems as water damage related, citing the need to replace motherboard, as well replace keyboard and right speaker. HP asked more for this than the notebook cost; the notebook sat at the bottom of a closet. Frustrated not being able to use this notebook, I searched on line for some clue that might help. Found the suggestion to removed RAM, battery. and then replace same before attempting to start. It worked! Eureka. Ironically, the keyboard HP said needed to be replaced worked perfectly. However, after one month of operating normally, which is to say that in this month it crashed to blue screen nineteen times, the notebook shut down once again and adamantly refuses to restart.
Contacted HP, which I must say is a frustrating experience, since their first inclination is to be self-protective or defensive, telling me the notebook is no longer under warranty and I will need to pay for any repairs. They also cited the water damage assertion. However, my only reason for contacting them was to inquire if they had come across any solution to this unique problem, which they refused to discuss. From the amount of complaints found on line it would seem they would have experience but, alas, HP is unwilling to share.
My question, if it is not obvious: does anyone know what may be the cause and if so, a cure? Thanks so much
Jane

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users