Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

What will the New President do?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:34 AM

:thumbsup:

Get the Man right or Wrong, he fullfilled his Election Promise to remove a Bligh on Americ'a History.

I Salute him as a Man.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090123/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_rdp

This Man could be a Great Leader for America, as long as people just let him do his Job?

He actualy inspires Hope, in the World!

:flowers: :trumpet:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:33 PM

Yes I saw on the first day of him officially being in office he signed three executive orders one specifically closing Gitmo. :thumbsup:

#3 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:20 PM

The man faced Incredible Odds to win the Presidency, yet he did it.

Just shows that the real Spirit of America is still alive and well.

Now, can we just give this Man the chance to get on with it and forget about what Color or Creed he comes from from? He is American! Maybe he could even be the best America President we ever saw?

I certainly hope so for for America.

I am just a simple Aussie?

:thumbsup:

#4 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:56 AM

The man faced Incredible Odds to win the Presidency, yet he did it.

Just shows that the real Spirit of America is still alive and well.

Now, can we just give this Man the chance to get on with it and forget about what Color or Creed he comes from from? He is American! Maybe he could even be the best America President we ever saw?

I certainly hope so for for America.

I am just a simple Aussie?

:flowers:

It will be interesting to see what happends to the inmates of the institution. As for what he has infront of him...well it's a huge mountain! And what do you mean your a simple Aussie?
Bloody proud Aussie here!! :thumbsup:
MCP
MSDST

#5 GTK48

GTK48

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:10 AM

He needs to distance himself from all of The Clinton cronies. I wish him well because he he succeeds the the US will succeed.

#6 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:39 AM

I am a brit so he is not my president but I think and hope that he will be a good one.He does not come from a rich background and I think that will give him insight into a ordinary mans problems.He seems to be a get up and go kind of guy so I think he will get things done.He achieved a minor miracle getting were he is so he has guts and determination.Give the guy a chance and he could be a winner for all of us.

#7 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:03 AM

I think one day somebody will walk into his office and find him on the floor curled up into a little ball sucking his thumb because this nightmare he got himself elected too finally made him snap.

Just kidding...

I have no idea what he will do. I'm not so sure he knows right now either. The info you get after you are elected is not the same info you had when running for the office, I think that's why he's coming out with the old "I'm still going to do this, but it's going to take a little longer than I thought" routine.. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#8 Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:39 AM

Obama is a guy who makes being educated look sexy and cool to young people. There should be a lot of fun, innovative ways to educate the american public using the internet, who are getting less and less serious news from the available sources. The idea of posting proposed government regulations and legislation on the internet is wonderful, also the effort to revive government compliance with the freedom of information act. A lot of information has been classified simply because it was potentially embarrassing to the government employees involved. (Not to mention potentially incriminating.)

He is trying to bring back the idea of civic responsibility and communal decency (in the sense of being humane to others). These are not values taught in the typical grade school or high school civics class, but are learned from various sources in society. I don't know how he can communicate these ideas effectively in a sound-bite and twitter idea economy.

#9 mikerox

mikerox

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:31 PM

Obama is a guy who makes being educated look sexy and cool to young people. There should be a lot of fun, innovative ways to educate the american public using the internet, who are getting less and less serious news from the available sources.

I find it slightly disturbing that in order for some children to appreciate a good education, you have to have a celebrity or highly popular political figure make it look "sexy" (highly popular political figure is how I'm describing President Obama in this case). However, in an environment where music videos and videogames seem to be king, I do agree that new innovative ways to provide an education to folks is important. Usage of online educational materials (and online academies) have been in use for a little while now though, so I can't help but wonder what the next step will be.

Edited by mikerox, 02 February 2009 - 11:32 PM.

A Christian and proud of it.

Those who use the Posted Image Button will suffer the wrath of Neapolitan!

#10 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:18 AM

:trumpet:

A couple of points from an Aussie?

Obama is a guy who makes being educated look sexy and cool to young people. There should be a lot of fun, innovative ways to educate the american public using the internet, who are getting less and less serious news from the available sources.

Many News Stories have been suppressed from Americans for many years. Only the Net has allowed some Americans to really know what is actually happening in the World, just by clicking on external sources on the Net.

Obama is on the right track to let ALL Americans be aware of what is really happening. Some of what that has happened is because people were just unaware of the True Facts?

He is trying to bring back the idea of civic responsibility and communal decency (in the sense of being humane to others). These are not values taught in the typical grade school or high school civics class, but are learned from various sources in society.

I Salute a very Game Man!

That is the Leader I admire!

Edit.

He is showing a Character that has been lacking for many years, Win or Lose, he is trying his Heart out!. America, be VERY Proud!

:thumbsup: :flowers:

Edited by Abacus 7, 03 February 2009 - 03:24 AM.

#11 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:39 AM

I agree,Abacus7. Well said. :thumbsup:

#12 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:47 AM

In 13 days the Man has not sat on his backside sucking his Thumb?

I Bet it will be the same after 100 days, Mate!

#13 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:52 AM

We can say that his judgment on some of his appointees is suspect, that's for sure.

Had the same people been Bush nominees they would have been soundly rejected by the Democrats and the left-wing media.

He promised change and we are getting that - people that would have been rejected are now being accepted.

Change to believe or change to deceive?

Just an observation - I agree we need to wait longer before we anoint him.

Well, at least we Americans do, anyway.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#14 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:16 AM

We can say that his judgment on some of his appointees is suspect, that's for sure.

Had the same people been Bush nominees they would have been soundly rejected by the Democrats and the left-wing media.

He promised change and we are getting that - people that would have been rejected are now being accepted.

Change to believe or change to deceive?

Just an observation - I agree we need to wait longer before we anoint him.

Well, at least we Americans do, anyway.

Whilst I can understand your skeptism, after what has happened over many years, long before this man came from nowhere and was Elected your President by your people in a big way, I can not understand why non Americans should not feel relieved and happy that America has a President that is showing the World, including America, that he has committed himself to a Huge Task that lies ahead of him. Americans should be very Proud of him. You bet your Bippie that the rest of the World are Proud of him.

He is not sitting back twiddling, nor sucking his thumbs, he is just getting on with it!

#15 Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

Guest_fuzzywuzzy6_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:21 PM

President Obama has had extensive legal training, and taught constitutional law at an excellent law school for several years. It is not unusual for attorneys to represent those with whom they disagree. He probably thinks that choosing experienced people with connections, but requiring them to implement other policies than they themselves would choose, will expedite things over choosing relatively inexperienced people for the same positions.

Let's hope his administration is bringing up a lot of public servants with more congenial ideals and principles to bring them up to speed and give them experience for the years to come.

And when I said he was "sexy" to young people, that was an observation. "Sexy", at least to women, means a lot of things besides pure physical appearance and charisma.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users