Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can you help me?!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mysteriouscry

mysteriouscry

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:34 AM

Im trying to help my friend in his plan to start an internet cafe business,I was just wondering what anti-virus and anti-spyware/malware should we use?!please e-mail me @ Moderator Edit...thanks :thumbsup:

Edited by Pandy, 23 January 2009 - 09:27 AM.
Edit to protect the member from SPAM bots

Success is simply a matter of luck,ask any failure...-Anonymous

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:39 AM

Im trying to help my friend in his plan to start an internet cafe business,I was just wondering what anti-virus and anti-spyware/malware should we use?!please e-mail

MS Windows is a good choice for many applications, however it does take work to keep it virus and spyware free. Also, users can create all sorts of work for you with a minimum of effort.

I suggest you consider a Linux distro like *Ubuntu or Debian. Installation is no more difficult than Windows and the standard set of applications should be more than sufficient. Once the machines are configured updating all applications is very simple as well.

If you must go the Microsoft route, NOD32 is a very good AV product; SuperAntispyware fulfills the anti-spyware roll nicely.

#3 mysteriouscry

mysteriouscry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:20 AM

Im trying to help my friend in his plan to start an internet cafe business,I was just wondering what anti-virus and anti-spyware/malware should we use?!please e-mail

MS Windows is a good choice for many applications, however it does take work to keep it virus and spyware free. Also, users can create all sorts of work for you with a minimum of effort.

I suggest you consider a Linux distro like *Ubuntu or Debian. Installation is no more difficult than Windows and the standard set of applications should be more than sufficient. Once the machines are configured updating all applications is very simple as well.

If you must go the Microsoft route, NOD32 is a very good AV product; SuperAntispyware fulfills the anti-spyware roll nicely.

thanks Daf, ill try the NOD32 and SuperAntispyware but i think ill stick on windows for our OS...there are few people here that knows how to use Linux,but anyways thanks again..
Success is simply a matter of luck,ask any failure...-Anonymous

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users