Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.Virtumonde.H

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#16 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,711 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:23 PM

It's OK, perhaps your AV has removed those malware files. Thanks for searching.

The log look good but I should like to make sure no passive malware is left:

• Please do a scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner

Note: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.

Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.
    • The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
    • After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My Computer
    • This will start the program and scan your system.
    • The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.
    • Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report
    • Now, click on the Save Report as button.
    • Save the file to your desktop.
    • Copy and paste that information in your next post.
  • Tell me also how is your computer running.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 lazyz28

lazyz28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:44 AM

Scanned for 1 hour 22 minutes and did not report any infections. The computer seems to be running just fine/normal.

#18 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,711 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

It looks good.
  • Go to start > run and copy and paste or type next command in the field then hit enter:

ComboFix /u

Note: There's a space between Combofix and /

This will uninstall Combofix, delete its related folders and files, reset your clock settings, hide file extensions, hide the system/hidden files and resets System Restore again.

It also makes a clean Restore Point and flashes all the old restore point in order to prevent possible reinfection from an old one through system restore.

The first reboot might be a little slow, the next one will be faster.

• Your log looks clean. But your computer is still very much susceptible in particular to hacking and intrusion from outside. I strongly advise you to install a firewall before surfing. The windows firewall is not good enough. The Windows firewall provides protection from outside threats as long as the malware is not on your system. When the malware gets to your computer Windows firewall is no more effective. You find more information on firewalls below.
    Click for more information on:Understanding and Using Firewalls

There are several good free programs available like:

Sunbelt-Kerio
    (Note: You install the Sunbelt trial version but after the trial period it will revert back to free version.)

Online Armor Free edition

• I recommend using Site Advisor for safe surfing. It is a free extension both for Internet Explorer and Firefox. When you search a site it gives you an indication of how safe a site is.

• I recommend installing this small application for safe surfing: Javacoolsİ SpywareBlaster
    SpywareBlaster will add a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer and Firefox settings and that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs. Update it manually (if you use the free version) once in 2-3 weeks and enabling the restriction. You can find more information and a download link.

Happy computing!

#19 lazyz28

lazyz28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:04 AM

Thank you so very much farbar for your patience and all the help you and this site have provided for me!

#20 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,711 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:18 AM

You are welcome lazyz28, glad we could help.

This thread will now be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please send me a PM and I will reopen it for you. Include the address of this thread in your request.

If you should have a new issue, please start a new topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users