Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

multiple dll Errors on boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TechWriter

TechWriter

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

I have many errors coming up, maybe someone could point me inthe right direction?

C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office1GrooveUtil.dll

Also I am locked out of the Control Panel Functions. The control panel
will come up but receive lock-out error when trying any of the contained icons.

I did run hijackthis log but can not make sense of it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:44 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

If you suspect that your system is the victim of malware, then I suggest that you post at BleepingComputer.com - Am I infected What do I do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

If you think that these errors are system problems with no relation to malware, I suggest that you post the exact content of the error messages received here in this forum...it also helps if you tell us exactly at what point in the boot process these errors occur.

These error messages often provide the only clues to what might be ailing the system.

Louis

#3 DoesNotCompute

DoesNotCompute

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:27 PM

Seems like a virus problem. If you are capable of it and have a second computer I would scan that HD as a slave with an UTD Antivirus. Then if the system still receives errors I would run the System File Checker or perform a repair. You can also replace each file manually with a healthy copy to the desired location but this can be tedious depending on the numbers of files. You could also attempt to register each dll file as well but this is also tedious.

To run System File Checker with the /scannow parameter, follow these steps:
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow, and then press ENTER.

To re-register these files, follow these steps:
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
At the command prompt, type the following lines and press ENTER after each line (without quotes):
regsvr32 "shell32.dll"
regsvr32 "Office1GrooveUtil.dll"

Edited by DoesNotCompute, 23 January 2009 - 03:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users