Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rundll32.exe - Bad Image (error message)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bucky0081

Bucky0081

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:47 PM

ok i have tried and tried just searching for something to get this fixed but i cannot find anything that will work.
My computer crashed over a year ago and after doing system recovery i had problems with my sound. After some work my dad was able to get it working again, but not to long ago i got a wireless mouse/keyboard set, the keyboard works fine but I could not get the mouse to work and we discovered a virus on my computer and ran system recovery again but again sound does not work and mouse still does not work. My dad does not remember how he got the sound to work last time and I cannot find anything that will work. I don't know if the mouse has anything to do with it or not.
Any time I try to install the drivers for my Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE sound card I get these error messages multiple times:
1. Rundll32.exe - Bad Image The application or DLL C:\windows\stystem32\streamci.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.
2. Error loading streamci.dll %1 is not a valid win32 application
I have to press ok a lot of times to continue the unsuccessful installation.
I have tried free trials of registry fixers (can't buy one)
Also tried SFC /SCANNOW in run and it did not turn up anything.
Virus scan with norton shows no viruses right now

I have no idea what else to try

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 I.T. Works

I.T. Works

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:10 PM

Where are you getting the drivers for you sound from. Do you have a cd or downloaded from the internet? What kind of computer is it, and HP, Dell, etc? Make and model. We'll try to narrow it down.
-Nelson

#3 Bucky0081

Bucky0081
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:56 PM

well thank you for replying to help but my sound card just installed with no problems a few minutes ago my guess is the SFC /SCANNOW scan fixed it after all. i am now about to see if i can get my mouse driver installed and if that wont work maybe you can help me out with that

#4 I.T. Works

I.T. Works

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:08 PM

Glad you got it fixed.
-Nelson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users