Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Streets of Sim City

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CrownVictoriaCop

CrownVictoriaCop

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:52 PM

Hello,

I am trying to install Streets of Sim City on my Windows XP computer. However, it is not working. You see, at the AutoRun, when I click Proceed to move onto the next step, it goes to the hourglass for a few seconds and then nothing shows up. Can someone please help me out with this, so I can get this program installed? I have already tried compatibility mode, but this does not make it work.

Thank you!

Anthony

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:54 PM

Have you installed this game on this computer before? Are you sure the disc is working alright?

What are your system specs?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 CrownVictoriaCop

CrownVictoriaCop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:31 PM

The disc is brand new. I installed another version, but got rid of it after finding out it was German.

Acer Aspire T180 Modified
2GB Memory
Nividia GeForce 6100
250GB Hard Drive
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Processor

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:08 PM

I didn't realize that this is an older game. It may be having a compatibly issue as you said you tried getting around.

If you installed another version , did you completely uninstall it, and delete all the files associated with it? You may have to go through the registry and delete anything associated with the first installation.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users