Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird IP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 collardgreens

collardgreens

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:41 PM

There is a strange ip that is accessing my computer over UDP port 1900. The ip is: fe80::ceb:e12a:5013:6fba

Firewall log states, "someone is trying to access my computer over the internet. Remote address fe80::ceb:e12a:5013:6fba (UDP Port 1900) to ff02::c (Port 1900)

I tried to look up that string of numbers and letters with no luck. From what i've read Port 1900 is used for plug and play or something of that nature. I tried to block that port with my firewall, Router with no luck. Anybody know what that string of digits represents?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 StickDude101

StickDude101

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:48 PM

Thats a MAC address not a ip addres... Run your netstat command in the command prompt. And post what it says. Ill trace them...

~StickDude101

#3 collardgreens

collardgreens
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:48 PM

Thanks a ton! I think i might of found it. I could not pull up stats on UDP connections through netstat. I got a *:* after UDP connections. I have a Vista pc on the network with media sharing turned on so checked the connections with that machine and was able to get alot farther into figuring all this out. It has that mysterious mac address as the (preferred) Link-Local IPv6 Address. Is IPv6 a standard protocol? as far as i know it is supposed to replace IPv4 or something. In the description of one connection it states: Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface (sounds like something from the matrix). Im going to look all this stuff up but in the meantime, i think its pretty safe to go outside now!
Thank You

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users