- Select and copy the following to your clipboard:
reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va /f
- Click on the Start button, then click on All Programs, and then on Accessories.
- Right click on Command Prompt and then select Run as administrator.
- In the UAC prompt, verify that the programís name is Windows Command Processor and then click Yes
- Right click on the Administrator: Command Prompt windowís black area, then select Paste
- Press Enter, you should see a message stating The operation completed successfully.
- If you see a message stating ERROR: Access is denied, please make sure you followed Step 3.
- Close the Administrator: Command Prompt window
This problem occurred when Microsoft deployed a configuration change. The above fix will remove those changes, the Registry keys, in order to prevent further CEIP related crashes. Microsoft has also removed this configuration change to that the issue does not occur in future builds and updates.