Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless network! Acer travelmate 360! help please!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rugbyboyle

rugbyboyle

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 25 May 2005 - 02:21 PM

Hi all!

I have just recently purchased a second hand acer travelmate 360 laptop. it has built in 802.11b wireless networkign bilt into it.

Howvever, i have no instructions. I presume that the button with a wireless sign next to it turns wireless on/ off, but nothign happens when i press the button. a message came up the first time i did it and i clicked ok wihtout thinking. Now i cannot remember what it said.

Can anyone help with this to get the wireless to turn on? or is it already on?

lastly, does anyoen know where i can get instructions for this laptop on the web! Acer travelmate 360

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:06 PM

First and most important do you have a wireless router? If you don't you will need to buy one. In the meantime you have to hook to the net.Go to the web and search acer. When you get a site, enter model number etc.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 rugbyboyle

rugbyboyle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:37 PM

I dont have a router yet. The problem at the moment is that i am not sure whether the wireless on the laptop is workign

In my network connections section, it only has two things, none of which seem to be wireless connections

#4 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:49 PM

Can't check it without a router, if you want to be sure of the results.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#5 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:22 PM

How were you intending to use the wireless networking? If you live in a city you should be able to find public wireless access providers in cafes and similar places. You can test your wireless capability there.

You will probably need to use the 'Network Connection Wizard' to set up a new wireless connection with the appropriate configuration.

Here is a link to your manual, you will need Acrobat reader to view it (get version 5):
http://support.acer-euro.com/documents/man...nual_tm360.html

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users