Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NO FTPX.dll

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fofofo

fofofo

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:26 PM

I am new to this forum and hope that someone can help me. I had a Google redirect problem and dealt with it by first using Malwarebytes anti malware, then Hijack this and finally combofix. It did the trick. Google does not redirect me any longer and is not slow anymore. Combofix created a file named Qoobox. In it is a quarantine file with one file with registry backup and one file with: ftpx.dll (vir).
The problem is that when I wanted to upload my site to the internet, I got this message:
could not create ftp/x com object - ensure ftpx.dll is installed and registered.
So I believe combofix took the ftpx file.
I then looked on the internet for ftpx.dll and finally got a zip at downloadkeyzz. I am stuck at this point and do not know what to do.
Any help will be greatly appreciated, cheers, Alex

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:00 PM

ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

Have you tried downloading this file to your desktop and then install it?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 fofofo

fofofo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:09 PM

I do not understand what you mean. I have used combofix, i was told to do so and thought all was well.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:18 PM

I've looked at your topics and posts, and see nothing about being told to run Combofix.
Who advised you to run it? Was this person a security expert at another forum?

Did you follow the advice given to you in your topic HERE: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/196786/google-redirect-virus/

Garmanma advised running Malwarebytes, but your reply to him was you ran Combofix.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 22 January 2009 - 03:25 PM.

#5 fofofo

fofofo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:12 PM

I was told by someone else. But what do now? Can you advise me as asked.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 22 January 2009 - 04:33 PM

Unless you are using Mabry software you do not need that dll. It is not a Windows file
Mabry went bell-up in 2005

Edited by garmanma, 22 January 2009 - 04:40 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users