Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security problems with firefox

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jamesjr999

jamesjr999

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:57 PM

I just downloaded mozilla firefox and this message appears when I sign in..

(Could not initialize the application's security component. The most likely cause is problems with files in your application's profile directory. Please check that this directory has no read/write restrictions and your hard disk is not full or close to full. It is recommended that you exit the application and fix the problem. If you continue to use this session, you might see incorrect application behaviour when accessing security features.)

I did a search for profile directories with no result and I have plenty of space on my hard disk

can someone help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gstick

Gstick

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:53 PM

If you had just installed it, I assume you don't have many customizations and such. Perhaps a repair/reinstall should work?

Also, you can create another profile using the profile manager. Make sure Firefox is not already running. If you are on Windows, goto Start>Run>Type "Firefox.exe -P". From there create a new profile, name it anything. See if the problem still persists.

"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information."

#3 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:42 AM

Could not initialize the browser security component
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Could_not_initia...urity_component

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users