Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

build my pc system configuration

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sahq2

sahq2

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:40 AM

Hi',
I am an Architect from India. I want to build a PC with the following configuration. Pl give any suggestions or changes which I can make. I already have a 17" TFT. This will cost me around 2K in India. I need it for drawing works and some gaming.
Mother Board -Intel DG31 PR
Processor- E 8400
Ram -Kingston 2 Gb 800MHZ
HDD - 500 GB SATA
DVD Drive - samsung/LG
SMP = 300-400w
Thanks.
SA(HQ)2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:31 AM

That motherboard has onboard graphics, if you wish to play some of the currently popular games you will need a good graphics card. Some of the graphics cards used today require a powerful PSU, when you decide on the graphics card that you want look up the power requirements for it, this will give you an idea of what you will need.

What operating system are you planning to use? If you are going to be using Vista I would suggest that you max out the RAM if you are using a 32-bit version, a 32-bit operating system will only recognize between 3GB and 3.5GB. If you go with a 64-bit version you can max out what the motherboard will support.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users