Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intermittent Interent Connectivity

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Hughes

Tom Hughes

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:05 PM

Alright, I've been baffled by this for a few weeks now. Occasionally when I get on my computer (laptop or desktop) the internet seems amazingly slow. I can load basic text pages like my gmail or a google search but beyond that anytime I try to access any pages I get a "Connection Interrupted, The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

This usually happens late at night or early in the morning if that could mean anything.

The strangest part about the story is that my PS3 never has trouble accessing the internet and it is always fast. Also, if I ever am having problems with it being slow, I can get on the PS3 and open the browser and it immediately fixes the connection problems on both my laptop and desktop. If I disconnect from the PS3 browser the internet is fine for about 5-10 minutes and then it goes back to being incredibly slow. I've restarted the router numerous times. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tom Hughes

Tom Hughes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:04 PM

Also, It seems that even when I cannot connect to any websites, I still have a connection to the internet. I had a torrent file transferring from my parent's computer and it never slowed down or stopped. Can anyone help with this? It is getting quite obnoxious.

#3 Bronze

Bronze

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:35 PM

I'm having the exact same problem, just Wii instead of PS3. It also seems my internet works better if I'm under administrator...

#4 Tom Hughes

Tom Hughes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

Ok... just a bit more information.

I ran a speed check on the internet and i got some interesting results

19956 kb/s - down speed

270 kb/s - up speed

I also noticed my ps3 has been lagging a bit online and I'm guessing that is due to the poor upload speed. Any thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users