Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my net connectionis blocked my something fails to connect after swicth off

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dinesh4260

dinesh4260

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:34 PM

hi garmanma please reply me..........

i am using compaq presarrio desktop pc. any my op:windows xp.

my modem is ADSL2+ type modem connected through my telephone(BSNL).and my IP adress starts with 192.168...so i think iam behind a NATrouter.

my problem is that....sometimes my net connection fails to connect after swiching off on next turn on.and after a day or two it works automatically comes back.in the mean period i tried system restore....deleting newly downloaded movies etc. but nothing works but after two days it comes automatically.

i think i had changed some settings in spybot which is blocking my net connection.

please help me guys .............because i don't know when my net connection is going to fail again because it happened many times.....
HELPING OTHERS IS A GREAT JOB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:08 AM

please reply me...............i don't know when my network connection is going to fail...............

#3 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

garmanma are you still there .............
please reply me.............

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

The reason I had you post here is to have other people who know more that I do about networking and connections to lend a hand
I'm sorry no one has replied, but your description of your problem is rather vague and hard to understand
You can try and run Winsock fix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/winsock2fix.php
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:14 AM

hi garmanma i just wanted to give you a notification that i opened a new topic. And i dont want to disturb you.

my problem is simple sometimes my network connection fails to connect automatically when i turn on my pc and comesback automatically after sometime(like in a 4 or 5 hours gap ) when i again turn on my computer

Edited by dinesh4260, 26 January 2009 - 10:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users