Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Share a printer to XP

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Soloratov

Soloratov

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:17 AM

I have searched for so long for an answer to this, but it seems a lot of people have a slightly different issue than me. We recently upgraded my computer in the office to Vista Ultimate x64. After working out the bugs, everything seems great...that is until someone else has to print to my printer. Everyone else is running XP Pro. We can all see eachother on the network, they can see my printer, share files back and forth, but when it comes to actually connecting the printer, it's always a failure. The printer is a Brother 5140, and I have done all that I can think of to get it to work. I now have every single driver they offer sitting in a folder, and I have tried them all on the other PC's. I have also tried adding "additional drivers" on the vista machine, but all I ever get is an error saying the driver is not made for that architecture, (x86). I used the Vista 32 driver, the XP Pro/Home Driver.....I'm lost. Now....the printer installed flawless using the Vista 64 driver on my computer. I am putting this out there for some help here, and I will be contacting the printer support as well. Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users