Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ANOTHER Vundu problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tking84

tking84

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:29 PM

Running windows XP

I just finished reading the other "vundu hell" post in the this forum, I followed all the steps and nothing worked thus far. I hate to start another post on the same topic but here goes....

Sorry if this gets too wordy. I'll explain the best I can!

I noticed while browsing the web with IE I was being redirected to all sorts of [I am assuming fake] Anti-Spyware sites, accompanied with all sorts of Anti-Spyware pop-ups. They were relentless and I have never encountered this before.

I scanned with SUPERAntiSpyware and it said I had some adware. I also scanned with MBAM and that showed all sorts of Trojan.Vundo.'s as well as some Trojan.Agent.'s, some Backdoor.Bot's etc etc....

Then Internet Explorer stopped working upon reboot and I was (and still am) getting the typical Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Using my other laptop, I was able to install Firefox on this laptop and was able to connect to the internet again. Now I am being redirected to all sorts of sites, particularly when using the Yahoo! search page. I also noticed, oddly enough, the same bleep enlargement ad on almost every site I actually successfully land on. I contacted several site owners and they all said it must be coming from my end because these particular sites do not endorse such advertising. I figured as much.

I have already tried:

Smitfraudfix
Malwarebytes
ATF-Cleaner
SUPERAntispy

*NOTE: The last few times I tried rebooting in Safemode, the computer shut down mid-virus scan...and my desktop wallpaper keeps resetting to [none] in normal mode. I'm also having a hard time downloading any new programs as I keep getting redirected to error pages.

I'm not super tech-savvy (obviously) so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tking84

tking84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

Ok so just when I thought I read all the rules before posting, I realize I broke the "Do not attempt to follow instructions for someone else's problems." Sorry.

#3 tking84

tking84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:30 PM

problem solved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users