Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

multiple media players

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MarieBoyer

MarieBoyer

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:19 AM

I plan on doing a lot of DV and photo editing. I am just scratching the surface right now. I have Pinnacle Studio and Photoshop Elements on my computer, as well as some others. I have at least 3 separate DVD/CD writers and media players on my computer; they came with the software. (Media PLayer, Pinnacle "instant write" product, and Nero 6). I have no idea if I need all these or if I should use one and ignore the others? Will they conflict? At a loss on this one. Any help much appreciated! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:22 PM

You should not have any conflict, though media players tend to wage war with one another on your computer.
While having many applications to manipulate photos or burn CDs will not cause problems, I always think it best to try each of them out to see which you like best, and use it CONSISTENTLY. Whether you keep the others on your computer or not (just IN CASE) is up to you, but switching between applications doing the same think can be confusing, lead to user errors, and result in compatibility issues.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users