Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

monitor not starting - no display - nothing?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sunandoghosh

sunandoghosh

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:09 PM

monitor not starting - no display - nothing????

Hi people,

I am stuck with a probelm...

Here is how the problem goes...

I have two PCs (not connected) at home both on windows xp...

My PC ONE has Celeron 500 with motherboard mercury
My PC TWO has Pentium four 3.2ghz

Now yesterday...

when i put on power of my pc no one then although it seemed it was booting and could recognise keyboard there was no display on monitor...

I took out the wires from the back of CPU one and again connected ...this time the monitor was working ok...

i shut down and later in evening when i again started pc no one it was not displaying anything on monitor

Now i tried to connect pc two cpu to pc no one monitor and then there was proper display on monitor...

then i again connected pc no one cpu to monitor of pc no two and nothing came on monitor...

FROM the above it appears that there is some problem not in monitor of pc no one but in CPU of pc no one...

but how do i know what is the problem in CPU of pc no one???????????????????????????????????

i have cleaned it of dust and also tried to do everything again ...........plz help.......

any suggestions, comments would be more than welcome....

thanks in advance

regards,

sunando

sunandoghosh (at) rediffmail (dot) com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PapaSmurf88

PapaSmurf88

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:02 PM

Sounds like your video card got fried what are the specs of both PC's. Are you useing a onboard Video Card or are you using an Expansion Video card. If your using a Extencion Video Card try switching the Video Card from PC 2 and putting it in PC 1 and see if that works.
My Specs:

Albatron PX915P4C Pro
Intel P4 3.0 Ghz Processor w/ HT technology
2x 512MB PC3200 Memory
120 GB Western Digital IDE HD
SAPPHIRE X550 256Mb Video Card

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:51 PM

If PC1 has a plug-in video card then try this:
  • Shutdown and switch off but do not remove the power cord.
  • Take off the cover.
  • Hold on to a metal part of the case as often as you can during the entire process.
  • Undo the screw holding the video card in place and unplug it.
  • If there is a lot of dust around use a can of compressed air to blow out the card slot.
  • If the edge connectors of the card look tarnished clean them lightly with a pencil erasor.
  • Firmly plug the card back in and secure it with the screw.
  • Put the case cover back on.
  • Check in the end of the monitor cable that there are no broken or bent pins (some pins are missing - that is normal).
  • Connect the monitor and reboot.
If you still have the problem I think you need to replace your video card. If the your video was onboard and you cannot do any of the above, buy a plug in video card - that will take over from the on-board video (You may need to make adjustments in the BIOS -check your motherboard manual).

hth :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#4 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2005 - 12:34 PM

Dear Sun,

I concur with Rimmer completely! :thumbsup:

You haven't mentioned what kind of video device you are using but it sounds like that is the problem.

Let us know,

junkdk :flowers:
Your Hardware Guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users