Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Boot Laptop Up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iainh23

iainh23

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:45 AM

Ok,

I have a problem with my laptop, basically it wont turn on.

When I try and start it up it goes to the first black screen with "Microsoft Corporation" on and the timer going across, this happens for a few seconds then a blue scree with text flashes on for a second (too quick to read the text)

Then the screen goes black again for a few seconds then I get the screen saying there was a start up problem (Windows Failed To Start, etc) and I get these options.

Launch Start Up Repair (Recommended)

Start Windows Normally

I have tried both options and neither does anything and it loops back round to the same screen over and over.

I have also tried to boot into safe mode using F8 and when I do this I get a list saying "LOading Windows Files" but then the blue screen flashes up again for a second and I return to the screen with, Launch Start Up Repair (Recommended) and Start Windows Normally, again.

I have tried 3 different versions of safe mode and all get the same result and I have also tried to reload to the last known good configuration, but all take me back to the same screen.

I also have no Vista disc as I didnt get one with the laptop and so I cant set it to boot from CD Rom or try a clean format and I am now totally lost for ideas and I have no idea what even caused this.

Can anyone please give me any help or ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:32 AM

On my H.P.laptop there is a option to restore to factory settings I used once.It is similar to system restore but it restores everything back to how you first got it.But anything you have on file will be deleted.Its a start from scratch approach.You will have to reconnect to the internet,install anti virus etc.This is a extreme sort of repair so see if anyone comes up with anything else before resorting to it.I think if I remember right I accesed it through f11.I used this resort after a problem with a virus.I got rid of the virus but my computer was not the same so I resorted to extreme measures.I spent all day afterwards downloading all the software I had installed.I like to reflect on it as a learning experience.Anyway good luck to you.I hope you get it sorted soon.

#3 iainh23

iainh23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:23 PM

On my H.P.laptop there is a option to restore to factory settings I used once.It is similar to system restore but it restores everything back to how you first got it.But anything you have on file will be deleted.Its a start from scratch approach.You will have to reconnect to the internet,install anti virus etc.This is a extreme sort of repair so see if anyone comes up with anything else before resorting to it.I think if I remember right I accesed it through f11.I used this resort after a problem with a virus.I got rid of the virus but my computer was not the same so I resorted to extreme measures.I spent all day afterwards downloading all the software I had installed.I like to reflect on it as a learning experience.Anyway good luck to you.I hope you get it sorted soon.

I will try and see if there is anything like this on this laptop.

I dont mind if I lose whats on there as everything important is backed up on an external hard drive and so reinstalling a few programmes would be no big deal and the most important thing now is to just try and get this working as I am lost without it.

Thanks for you reply, I will try this later.

#4 iainh23

iainh23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:17 AM

Sadly this did not work and I am still stuck with this.

Does anyone else have a fix or ideas around this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users