Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Eroor message :Operating System not found!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 want2know2

want2know2

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:05 AM

Hi, I have a Hp laptop it's around 7 years old but it's a great one. One day it started giving me an error message Operating System not found, I would turn it off and on and we had business as usual, But one day imagine my surprise it didn't want to do our off/on routine :thumbsup: . In stead it remained silent and just one message:

Intel Undi, PXE-2.0 (build 082)
Copyright © 1997.1997.1999 Intel Corporation
Via PCI 10/100Mb Fast Ethernet Adapter
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-MOF: Existing Intel PXE ROM
Operating System not found

I tried it with the System Restore cd but it doesn't want to work.

Please help!

Thanx

Jay

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:07 AM

Is the HDD seen in the BIOS?

You could have a problem with the HDD, if you can find out who the manufacturer is you can go to their web site and download their diagnostic tool. This will have to be burned to a CD which you can then use to boot from. You may have to change the boot order so that the CD-ROM is the first device in the boot order.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:25 PM

I would check the boot options in the BIOS.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321626

I believe that error message comes up when the system is set to do a network boot, a default option on some systems. When I've seen that error, that's what it was.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000706.htm

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users