Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Going Insane with this HP Laptop!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jmarquez

jmarquez

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:53 AM

OK.... So I've been working on a HP Pavilion DV6324us that won't startup.
Toshiba 120GB IDE HDD
1GB DDR2 Memory
Integrated Video
AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz

Symptoms: When the power button is depressed, the system led's light up, HDD spins up then down and after a few seconds the CPU fan will spin up then down. There is no video, no POST.... it will continue doing this until shut down. The CPU fan spins up about every 45 seconds.

After replacing the motherboard... The system turned on just fine. Worked great for about a week and a half. Then it all started happening again.... The exact same symptoms.

I have replaced the MOBO, CPU and RAM. Tried turning it on.... no difference...same symptoms.
I stripped it down and took the Mobo out of the chassis and connected only what needed to be to get it to turn on. No difference with only the LCD and button panel plugged into the motherboard. I did this thinking that the mobo could be shorting to something in the chassis. But still..... nothing has changed..... I have no idea which way to go with this anymore....any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Goldwyn

Goldwyn

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:55 AM

Welcome to Bleeping for one..

Also for starters. You've mentioned everything but the power supply box. Have you considered testing a different one?
Posted Image

#3 jmarquez

jmarquez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:11 AM

Hi.... System is a laptop and have tried powering with and without battery inserted.

#4 Goldwyn

Goldwyn

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:15 AM

Oh... Well. I do apologize. I am afraid this is where My expertise ends. Laptops are not my forte, Hope you get this issue resolved
Posted Image

#5 jmarquez

jmarquez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:56 PM

Anybody??

#6 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:00 AM

Perhaps a obvious suggestion, but you have tried to reset the MB bios?

And you're not getting any video display?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users