Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with Google for Firefox

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 evilmonster12

evilmonster12

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:23 AM

Ever since Friday whenever I use Google, as Google loads, it will say "waiting for zfsearch.com". This is not the thing that redirects, but it still bothers me whenever I have to use Google that someone is spying on my searches.

Posted Image
Posted Image

The thing that does occasionally redirect me is that sometimes, the links will be changed to "ad#.doubleclick...whatever i searched for".

Posted Image
Posted Image

I have been receiving help from the Am I Infected Board (using avast, spybot, malware bytes, Ad-Aware and SDfix), and no solution. So now I have a HJT log for you guys to hopefully finally kill my problem.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jpshortstuff

jpshortstuff

WhatTheTech Teacher

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:28 AM

Hi, and Welcome to BleepingComputer :thumbup2:

My name is jpshortstuff. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
  • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through the instructions before starting to follow them to amek sure you understand everything you have to do.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Please download GooredFix and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double-click GooredFix.exe on your Desktop to run it.
  • Select "2. Fix Goored" by typing 2 and pressing Enter.
  • Make sure all instances of Firefox are closed at this point.
  • Type y at the prompt and press Enter again.
  • A log will open, please post the contents of that log in your next reply (it can also be found on your desktop, called GooredLog.txt).
Note: If you receive a message saying that GooredFix needs your system to be restarted, please close all applications and reboot your system. Please also allow any registry changes that may be prompted by any of your security programs.

Please download DDS and save it to your desktop.
  • Disable any script blocking protection
  • Double click dds.scr to run the tool.
  • When done, DDS.txt will open.
  • Click Yes at the next prompt for Optional Scan.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
---------------------------------------------------
  • Post the contents of the DDS.txt report in your next reply
  • Attach the Attach.txt report to your post by scroling down to the Attachments area and then clicking Browse. Browse to where you saved the file, and click Open and then click UPLOAD.
Any other problems apart from the redirects (which should be gone after running GooredFix, fingers crossed)?

Thanks.
Trained at the What The Tech Classroom where you too could learn to help others.

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show appreciation and to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 jpshortstuff

jpshortstuff

WhatTheTech Teacher

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:57 AM

This topic is being closed due to inactivity.
Trained at the What The Tech Classroom where you too could learn to help others.

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show appreciation and to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users