Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"--- has encountered a problem and needs to close"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tengumaster89

Tengumaster89

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:23 PM

Hi everyone,

First time posting here. Whenever I try to open a browser (IE, Mozilla, Opera) I get a response entitled "___ has encountered a problem and needs to close." Not entirely sure what the cause of it is, and I can't seem to find and common trait about the sites I am on when the browser crashes. Some have suggested it could be my memory but that seems sufficicent and hasn't had any problems in the past. I ran RegCure to fix my registry errors but that did not seem to fix my problem. Any suggestions? Thank you so much.

-Justin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 I.T. Works

I.T. Works

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:55 PM

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling any of the browsers? Sometimes that fixes corrupted dll files and such.
-Nelson

#3 Tengumaster89

Tengumaster89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:59 PM

I did do a clean reinstall of mozilla. I never even used opera until this problem arose, and I decided to try it as an alternative to dealing with a crashing mozilla but it had the same problem. So it seems it can't be the browser.

#4 I.T. Works

I.T. Works

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:27 PM

The easiest place to start is by doing a System Restore to before the problem started. You'll find that in the System Tools under Accessories. I would also do a virus scan just to be sure you're clean. If both of those don't work, click on the start button and then run and type "sfc /scannow" with a space between the c and / and hit Enter. You'll need your Windows cd if it finds any files that need to be replaced. Good luck.
-Nelson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users