Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

starting up computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 haze22

haze22

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:44 PM

due to having major alterations to our house my wifes pc has been off line, we had to store it away
now that our work has been completed we have tried to put her computer back on line .first of all it was fine ,worked straight away.
then the background pictur dissapeared leaving a black screen but still weorking.we closed it down and when we tried to open it again it keeps asking for an id code and then it tells me that my copy of vista is not genuine . i can assure you that it is .it is only just over a year old aND BAUGHT DIRECT from dell .can anyon help me please

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:03 PM

hi,,, when it asks for the id code,,, try the product key,, on the laptop somewhere there is a greeny pinkish microsoft sticker with the product key on it,,, try entering this and see if this helps,,, if not contact dell and tell them that your os has shut down as its been flaged as a dodgey copy.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users