Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High Speed Internet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JTB

JTB

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:19 PM

I live 6 months in Florida and 6 months in Wisconsin. I currently use dial up for my internet service. Dial up seems to be getting less and less efficient. I have been exploring high speed. The only options I have in Florida are sattelite and cable. The only options I have in Wisconsin are sattelite and DSL. The most desirable situation would be to use the same Internet Service Provider in both states. That limits me to Sattelite.
In researching Sattelite (i.e. Hughes or Wild Blue), I found a very high percentage of disatisfied users of Sattelite. I'm wondering if anyone out there has any information or experience with the use of high speed Sattelite internet service. Or maybe, I should just stay with dial up.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users