Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

email header

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bulldog

Bulldog

• Members
  • 394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:48 PM

I keep getting emails from myself and I have done some research online about finding out the origon of these emails as I know they arent from myself. All tutorials if you will say to look for the Received line or the first received line if there are multiples, and the information is there; however, there is no received line in any of the headers. There is a line X-nupop-filename and in it it starts with /Maildir: followed by a series of numbers ending with a .net address and ,S=3115. I am wanting to know if this information is found someplace else or maybe a way to find the IP which seems to be hidden as well.
bulldogsmall6ma.jpg

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abe Lincoln

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nospam

nospam

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

What kind of mail client do you use or do you use webmail? Some spammers do anything, most likely they are probably malformed headers. I have seen some headers that look nearly blank as well. I would just delete them.

#3 Bulldog

Bulldog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 394 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:12 AM

Outlook express. Yeah, i usually do just delete them, I am just getting irritated at this point and was trying to get down to who was actually spamming me.

Edited by Bulldog, 20 January 2009 - 08:13 AM.

bulldogsmall6ma.jpg

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abe Lincoln

#4 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:00 AM

Hi Bulldog.I use Outlook Express,and get spammed regularly.I set Message Block to that sender,and all future Spam from that address,goes directly into the Deleted Folder.I never have to delete. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:
As far as locating the Spammers,sorry,I can't help you there.

#5 Bulldog

Bulldog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 394 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:34 AM

Hello DSTM,

Thats were the problem lies is that it is shows it is coming from me. When I try to block it, it gives me an error saying that it is coming from an internal source or something like that. I cant block these particular spam. It started after I installed a trial version of Avira.

Edited by Bulldog, 20 January 2009 - 09:35 AM.

bulldogsmall6ma.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users