Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash player keeps causing IE to crash

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thestraw

thestraw

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:29 AM

IE keeps crashing with an error from Flash player. I've unistalled and reinstalled it a bunch of times and it keeps happening. Seems to be when I'm playing the flash games on Facebook. I can try and get a screen cap next time it happens if that would help. Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jaspreet

Jaspreet

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:35 PM

IF you are using windows vista 64 bit OS on the computer it will do that since windows vista 64 bit does not have a compatible flash player and also u need to follow these steps:-
1. Open Computer.
2. Navigate to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\.
3. Scroll down and open the Macromed directory.
4. Open the Flash directory.
5. Right-click FlashUtil9b.
6. Select Run as Administrator.
7. When the UAC prompt appears, select Continue.
8. Follow the Flash Player installation wizard.
Once the wizard completes, Flash Player has been properly installed and will now function properly.

and if u are using window vista 32 bit just do the restore default and clean cookied for internet explorer it should work

#3 thestraw

thestraw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:57 PM

I'm going to assume I have Vista 32bit because I tried finding the SysWOW64 and I couldn't. So I cleaned the cookies and restore the defaults and it's still giving me error reports, but just not as often.

#4 thestraw

thestraw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

I restored the defaults again, and cleaned the cookies and now IE is working perfectly. Thank you so much!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users