Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TDDS rootki/trojan

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 coozie

coozie

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:14 PM

Was referred to HiJack This from here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/195063/help-remove/ Please read that topic for what's been done thus far. ~ OB

Attached File  Attach.txt   15.04KB   32 downloads
Attached File  DDS_report.txt   11.78KB   32 downloads

Edited by Orange Blossom, 18 January 2009 - 11:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:57 AM

Hello coozie

Welcome to BleepingComputer :thumbup2:
========================

Please download DDS and save it to your desktop.
  • Disable any script blocking protection
  • Double click dds.scr to run the tool.
  • When done, DDS.txt will open.
  • Click Yes at the next prompt for Optional Scan.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
---------------------------------------------------

Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt
Attach.txt.
================
Download the GMER Rootkit Scanner. Unzip it to your Desktop.

Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while the scan is being performed. Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.

Double-click gmer.exe. The program will begin to run.

**Caution**
These types of scans can produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any
"<--- ROOKIT" entries unless advised!

If possible rootkit activity is found, you will be asked if you would like to perform a full scan.
  • Click NO
  • In the right panel, you will see a bunch of boxes that have been checked ... leave everything checked and ensure the Show all box is un-checked.
  • Now click the Scan button.
    Once the scan is complete, you may receive another notice about rootkit activity.
  • Click OK.
  • GMER will produce a log. Click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "GMER.txt"
  • Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
Post the contents of GMER.txt in your next reply.
Please do not pm for help, post it in the forums instead.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

#3 coozie

coozie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:23 PM

hello here are the logs,

Attached Files

#4 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:28 PM

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools

• Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.

• As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

• Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Posted Image

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Posted Image

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

#5 coozie

coozie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:54 AM

Hello did my reports show any spyware or rootkit intrusions?
Is combo fix safe will i loose any data on computer (pics and other important things).
Do posting reports have any personal data?
just being cautious now.

#6 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:11 PM

No the logs have not but that doesn't mean there is nothing still.
Combofix is safe or I would not recommend it to you and you can see everything that I can see in your logs so I see nothing personally identifiable but you can remove any info including name or something like that but I need to see the file names to know where threats are located.

Combofix detects the rootkit you asked about even if gmer may miss something.

#7 coozie

coozie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:03 AM

combofix would not run locked up after program started.
do i need an internet connection to run?
Thanks

#8 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:47 AM

You will need to disable your security software or it will prevent Combofix from running.

Try that and let me know how it goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users