Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How long

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 HPCowner

HPCowner

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

How long should it take to load window's XP onto a computer for the very first time? meaning, to install the operating system to a new computer? an estimation of the time would be great, thanks!

~HPCowner

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 enos

enos

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:27 PM

If the drive is already formatted an hour would probably be plenty of time for the base install.

#3 HPCowner

HPCowner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:44 PM

Thanks, when trying to load the XP disk, it gets to kernal Debugger DLL and it says that it cant load it and press any key to continue.

#4 enos

enos

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:47 PM

When you say your're trying to load the XP disc, are you booting from the install disk (CD) and then begining the install process?

#5 HPCowner

HPCowner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:49 PM

I'm booting from the xp OS disk, and then going through f9 f1 then selecting boot from disk, and it starts it, by checking my systems hardware configuration, and then it goes into a blue screen, Windows Setup, and then it starts loading files.

then it goes File setupdd.sys could not be loaded.
The error code is 4

Setup cannon continue. Press any key to exit.

#6 rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:54 PM

Ive had two seperate issues with loading XP. Both were caused by bad RAM.

#7 HPCowner

HPCowner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:56 PM

thanks, I just read elsewhere that that may be the problem aswell, I will try different ram, and if that doesnt work i guess there is still an issue

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

Here a tutorial on testing your RAM.
How to Test RAM on Your Computer
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users