Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something is wrong...suggestions please

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 frogdafree

frogdafree

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

I posted in another section of this website and here is the link to that post. Thanks in advance for any help with this matter.
Well the post has dissapeared. so I will describe the problem again. sometime before christmas I had a virus and Panda removed it , well soon after there was a windows update and a java update...the java didnt work right and was canceled. Ok so then I logged off and shut the pc down, a few days later I turned on the pc and logged in and all that happened was that the desktop wallpaper was ther no icon toolbars ,ect. So I hit ALT,CTRLandDELETE and then clicked new task and made it to the windows explorer to get the pc to load. I went to restore but for some reason there is not a restore point before all of this happened. There were some suggestions on the other post that I posted in windows Xp but it was no help and now that post is like I never posted it. any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Edited by frogdafree, 18 January 2009 - 07:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,124 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:46 PM

Try using JavaRa to remove old Java programs and install the latest.

What JavaRa does is to check if your computer has the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE). If the version you have installed has been superseded by a newer version the program will download and install this newer version for you, by running Java's update program. JavaRa then allows you to remove all possible older versions of this program.

This will ensure that the security of your computer is enhanced and extra space on your hard disk is created.
http://sourceforge.net/

Is Panda updated and are you able to run a scan with it? What other security programs do you have?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 frogdafree

frogdafree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:15 AM

Yes Panda is updated and I can run a scan and it says everything is fine no infections, ect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users