Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WLAN_Cfg error msg 12 of them (now 14)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Graadoo

Graadoo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Okay, moving old computer to plasma TV so I installed a Linksys wireless USB adapter and installed software. Initally the software did not recognize my Linksys router but I still had access to internet. After a reboot the software did recognize.

Once moved to TV starting get 12 window pop ups all same message. Might be the number of attempts to access???? Don't think it has anything to do with TV that is just when it happen and might have been the first time I rebooted it after the initial installation.

STOP

I rebooted the computer to get the exact words and now I have 14 messages popping up, wonder if everytime I reboot it adds a window??

Anyway exact words are - Access violation at address 00430AEA in module 'WUSB54GC.exe'. Read of address 0000000D.
In the upper left hand of the window is - WLAN_Cfg

While researching on the internet I saw a lot of entries calling it malware but also mentions essential driver for the wireless USB. The oddest thing is that it will sit there until I get on the internet and play around a bit and then disappear in about 10 minutes. So I can get by but I certainly don't want additional windows poopping up evertime I reboot. (Yeah I mispelled popping up but that seems to be a better description of what is happening.)

Tried to find the answer myself but any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Graadoo.

Oh, if you come across anyone moving their computer to their plasma, if they get an invalid format, make sure you have desktop setting to the lowest resolution possible before you move it over. Took me a day and half to find that one on the internet. Simple solution but hair pulling to figure it out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

First thing I would try is reinstalling the wireless USB adapter software.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Graadoo

Graadoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:42 AM

Already done that. Thanks though.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:20 PM

Have a look in the Event Viewer for any errors at the time you lose the internet connection.

To open the Event Viewer go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Alternately, go to Start > Run and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Check in all the categories.

If you find an error that occurred at the time right-click on it and select properties. Copy the information in the window and post it back here. This will help us diagnose your problem.

How To Use the Event Viewer
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users