Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Connection Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jossman

jossman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:28 PM

Hello,

I am running XP home and I have had trouble connecting to a new personal wireless broadband network in Spain which worked fine previously in the UK. Everytime I restart my XP home Dell Inspiron laptop, I keep on having to repair my connection using the windows connection manager before getting an excellent connection to the network (the laptop is fairly close to the router).

My friend's UK laptop and my iPhone have no problems in using this network, and I would be grateful for advice in how to prevent this annoying problem. I have already tried using 'ipconfig /release' and 'ipconfig /renew' but to no avail. I am also running Norton Internet Security 2009, but this posed no problems in the UK, and I also have the same problem with NIS09 uninstalled fully.

Best wishes,
Jossman :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:09 PM

Hi mate,

Try uninstalling the wireless adaptor and reinstalling it again.

type devmgmt.msc in Run

1)Right click on particular adaptor and unistall.
2) After that right click on "Network adaptors" click "scan for hardware change" it will reinstall.

Cheers.

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

#3 Michael York

Michael York

Authorized Symantec Representative

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:31 PM

Hello,

I am running XP home and I have had trouble connecting to a new personal wireless broadband network in Spain which worked fine previously in the UK. Everytime I restart my XP home Dell Inspiron laptop, I keep on having to repair my connection using the windows connection manager before getting an excellent connection to the network (the laptop is fairly close to the router).

My friend's UK laptop and my iPhone have no problems in using this network, and I would be grateful for advice in how to prevent this annoying problem. I have already tried using 'ipconfig /release' and 'ipconfig /renew' but to no avail. I am also running Norton Internet Security 2009, but this posed no problems in the UK, and I also have the same problem with NIS09 uninstalled fully.

Best wishes,
Jossman :thumbsup:

Hi jossman,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

Make sure that you have all of the latest patches from Windows Update applied to Windows XP first. Also make sure that the Windows firewall is disabled so it does not conflict with the Norton firewall.

Please follow the steps in the document below to see if it resolves your connectivity issue.

Help with connectivity problems with Norton Internet Security 2009

Thank you,
Mike
Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
http://service.symantec.com/priority

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users