Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Generic" printers?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pendejo

pendejo

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:09 PM

I have a Dell, Inspiron 530 computer, operating with Windows Vista. The Dell 926 photo printer that came with it, is defective. I will not buy another Dell printer. What photo printers (for simple, basic home use) would be compatible with this computer?

Obviously, I am virtually computer illiterate. I was looking online at the electronic stores for printers. Some say the printers have "USB connectivity." Does that mean I could plug the printer into the USB port on the front of my Dell computer?

Thanks in advance for responses, answers and suggestions.

Edited by rigel, 18 January 2009 - 05:19 PM.
Moved to a more appropriate forum - rigel

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 07:22 PM

Any printer would be compatible with your Dell.
Just follow the directions, when installing it.

"USB connectivity", means exactly what you think.
It will run off of the USB ports on your computer, front, or rear.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:43 PM

Hp Makes great photo printers one can be purchased for around 100 bucks. They can be found at most retail electronic stores and at Newegg.com

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users