Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Epson printing only going through the motions?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 greybuffalo

greybuffalo

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:14 AM

Hi, could someone please help.
I have an Epson DX4800 printer/scanner,it's going through the motions of printing,but the pages are coming out blank?
Just a few days ago it was printing very fine?it has new cartridges in.
What I did between then and now was disconnect the usb cable.
The computer is recognising my printer and appears to be installed properly,but not taking instructions from it?
I have installed all the latest drivers.
Could this be a port problem?there appear to be so many ports?should it be LPT1? or could it be something else I am goofing up on?
Thanks!

Edited by greybuffalo, 18 January 2009 - 11:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:21 AM

A similar situation has happened to me with a older Epson inkjet printer...except in my case it prints out random funny-computer looking stuff.

Turning it off while in the middle / end of a page printing, then back on fo r afew times seems to solve the problem sometimes.

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:57 AM

Hi greybuffalo.

Could this be a port problem?there appear to be so many ports?should it be LPT1? or could it be something else I am goofing up on?

First place to start is to determine if the fault lies in your computer or the printer itself.
In your manual should be instructions on how to run a manual print test page. Typically, you shut down your computer, power off your printer by unpluging it from the wall, then disconnect it from your system. You then repower your printer only (wait about 30 sec.) while still disconnected from your computer. When it's done charging up, pressing a button combination invokes the print test. If it still prints blank pages, the problem lies with the printer itself. Let us know what happens afterwards and we can go from there.

Edited by HitSquad, 22 January 2009 - 11:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users