Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ghostrider1

Ghostrider1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:44 AM

Hello all. I set my name as Ghostrider because my road name in the motorcycle club I ride with is Ghost. I am kind of an unusual breed. I ride a Harley, listen to metal, DJ at parties, and am into computers. I am not all that technically advanced, but my roots start back with the Commodore 64 with a tape drive "Wow"! I had my first build with my father (who is kinda a tech geek) back in the 90's when the 486 was top of the line and Doom was sweeping the nation. We built a 386 from parts. I of course have upgraded several times since then.
I have a fairly good understanding of hardware and some of software. I understand very minimal of the different languages and is mainly why I have signed up here. A search led me to a thread here about getting rid of a rogue anti-spyware virus. I think I have that problem tamed by doing what was suggested to someone else, but I am not quite sure yet. I am doing another scan on that computer now, but I would like to make some friends that might be able to help me with problems in the future. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:17 AM

Welcome to BC
POst your problem in the Am I Infected forum and our members can help get you up to snuff
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users