My name is aommaster
and I will be helping you with your log.
I apologize for the delay in response we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.
If you have since resolved the original problem you were having would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following below so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.
Thanks and again sorry for the delay.
Please note that I am in the process of my training so it may take a while for me to get back to you, as each of my fixes need to be checked by a coach first.
So... let's begin
- Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
- Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
- Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
- Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)
Please do a scan with Kaspersky Online ScannerNote: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.
Click on the Accept
button and install any components it needs.
In your next reply, please include the following:
- The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
- After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My Computer
- This will start the program and scan your system.
- The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.
- Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report
- Now, click on the Save Report as button.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Copy and paste that information in your next post.
And please post your logs in the default forum colors (black, that is), since it makes it a bit easier for me to read.
Edited by aommaster, 22 January 2009 - 09:28 PM.