Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I Completely Uninstall/remove a program from Vista ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 twentycats

twentycats

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:47 AM

I downloaded a freeware game , which I liked very much , but which also has a " glitch" in the early levels . I contacted the creators, who kindly advised I install a new "corrected " copy ... Problem - even though I have " removed" the program , which originally took 1 hour to download , my brand new laptop "remembers " the program and reinstalls it within 30 seconds ! Obviously, this is NOT the new version, for the glitch is still there ! How do I get around this ? I ran a search each time after I had removed/uninstalled this game and came out empty, but still the rapid re-installation. Any Help ? Thanks ! Twentycats .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:22 AM

I use a freeware programme called revo uninstaller to remove difficult programmes,it also removes leftovers in the registry.Its fairly easy to use and has different levels for removal.Safe etc wich you can decide yourself.Available at revouninstaller .com.Just a query,did you get the game from a reputable site.Just the idea of something selfreplicating sounds alarm bells.Anyway give revo a go and see what happens,that might sort your problems.

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,509 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:39 AM

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 twentycats

twentycats
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:08 AM

while the game came from a freeware site -MyRealGames - the creators were very useful - they did not know that the game had issues - MyrealGames had not told them that the game was sour ! I will try the cleaner . More Later . Thank you again . twentycats .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users