Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blue screen please help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 christel219

christel219

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:14 PM

I have searched for blue screen but not seeing this exact error anywhere..

My friends computer crashed and she asked my help to fix it so I want to help if at all possible.

She cannot boot her computer at all, not in safe mode or even with the last settings that worked option.

She gets a blue screen that says

Problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to computer.

Stop: 0x00000024 (0x00190203,0x813079F8,0xc0000102,0x00000000)

She has XP and does not have the XP disc.

Any help would be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:50 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

The recommended attempted solution (it may not be solvable) is to try to run chkdsk /r on the partition/drive, http://www.aumha.net/

0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

If the NTFS file system is damaged itself, chkdsk /r may not be able to repair it. In such case, a clean install and format would be the solution I would invoke.

If you have a Microsoft XP install CD, then you can use it to run chkdsk /r on your friend's system. The Recovery Console for XP Pro is the same as XP Home and no key/license is required to access the Recovery Console.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 17 January 2009 - 08:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users