Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pop-ups and messages saying to scan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mah5

mah5

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:06 PM

I have AVG and though I do continuous scans and it assures me that my computer has deleted any viruses or infections, I keep getting pop ups and messages everywhere telling me I should scan my computer because it is infected. Im not sure whether I should download a new security program or not. I ran Trend Micro Housecall and for some reason it cannot get rid of all of the infections. I really need this computer for school-any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

I have AVG and though I do continuous scans and it assures me that my computer has deleted any viruses or infections, I keep getting pop ups and messages everywhere telling me I should scan my computer because it is infected. Im not sure whether I should download a new security program or not. I ran Trend Micro Housecall and for some reason it cannot get rid of all of the infections. I really need this computer for school-any ideas?

I do beleive these (pop-ups) are a scam, click and you may be infected with "their malware", and YOU clicked on it.
If a pop up comes on my screen, I NEVER click on it, unless something I am expecting.

Edited by rosiesdad, 17 January 2009 - 03:07 PM.

#3 mah5

mah5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

well I understand that, but Im pretty sure I never clicked on any. either way-how do I get rid of it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users