Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Perfect Defender 2009

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 minmin35

minmin35

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:41 PM

I just recently downloaded Perfect Defender 2009 to my laptop computer, within a day my laptop started to do some crazy things. I believe this to be a scam and am looking into this some more, not only has it possibly ruined my computer but it cost me $50 too and where ever it came from, it has my credit card info also. If anyone knows anything about this please respond!!!! Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

That is a dangerous rogue program. You should be concerned that they have your credit card info. The people that distribute the program are criminals.
Here is a link to BC's removal instructions.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-re...t-defender-2009
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 minmin35

minmin35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

Thanks for the info...fortunately I was able to cancel my credit card before anything went through so now I just need to see if my computer can be fixed. I unfortunately cannot do anything with it at this point...everything seems to be frozen, no internet...nothing!

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:53 AM

If you can boot into Windows on the infected computer, but can't use it to surf, then you have an option to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware using a different computer and transfering to the infected computer using a CD or other medium.
Once the program is on the infected computer, find the MBAM.exe and rename it by right clicking on the file and choosing rename. Name it maam.com then click on it to run it.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 minmin35

minmin35
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:38 AM

Thanks I'll give it a try!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users