Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Reset/Recovery to factory settings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 00juventus00

00juventus00

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:29 PM

Hello,
I have a Fujitsu Siemens notebook with Windows XP Home Edition, and I was wondering if anyone of you could tell me how I should do a system reset to the factory settings.
I don't have any recovery CD's or so, but I did save everything important on the notebook, so I wouldn't mind if I'd 'lose' everything on it.

My parents also want to perform a system reset on their notebook (they also don't have any recovery CD's, but saved all the important files). They have a Toshiba with Windows Vista.

Thanks in advance (and sorry if my English is bad).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

If you tell us the models of these systems, then someone can look up how they are set up.

If CDs are needed to restore/recover...well, I don't think there's any advice that would be useful other than to try to obtain said CDs (or buy a version of XP).

There is no set policy that I can see that determines how these systems are set up. Some have recovery CDs alone..some need recovery CDs and a restore/recovery partition...some employ just a recovery partition. With some vendors, it varies by model.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users