Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compact Flash card downloads from ports on printer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dsbur

Dsbur

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

Thanks in advance!

Just updated/cleaned up my computer after a nasty virus. Runs great but there is a setting/configuration I lost in the process. The setting/configuration allowed me to simply insert a compact flash card from a digital camera into an available port on my (turned on) printer, and then it would be automatically displayed on my computer screen for instructions where to download ( a prompt with several options, one being to download to a file and then (eventually) delete the pics from the flash card).

Things I did after virus removal (downadup), updated with XP service pack 3, updated way too many security packs from MS, cleaned registry, cleaned disc and defrag.

Does anyone know what this utility/application was? It was sure handy. I'd like to get that back as we do a fair amount of digital pics for work. Nothing I can find in the printer manual, help topics, Wizards.

Epson sylus PhotoRX620, Windows XP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:22 PM

Have you tried reloading the drivers for the printer?

How did you clean the registry?

Edited by dc3, 17 January 2009 - 12:22 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Dsbur

Dsbur
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:16 PM

AML Registry Cleaner

Reloaded drivers, no change

I'm certain it's some sort of MS/Windows thing (Viewer? Download Mgr?) but I can't seem to figure out why it won't autodetect when I insert a CompactFlash disc in the multiport setup on the printer.

Edited by Dsbur, 18 January 2009 - 12:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users