Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bsod=>no monitor picture?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kgong

kgong

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 17 January 2009 - 02:16 AM

I own an acer aspire e360 from 2002ish on windows xp professional. It has run without any real problems till just now. Upon normal browsing (nothing ram or memory intensive, no new browsers, no new hardware), the computer "randomly" flashed a bsod. The bsod flashed for too short of a time for me to copy down the error code. After this, the computer rebooted and the monitor receives no signal. The other connections all receive power. After a few seconds of the computer being on, any keyboard input leads to what seems like a restatt judging from the noises from the fan. However, the monitor displays no picture and receives no signal. My best guess is the computer is restarting into a bluescreen. Therefore, by "pressing any key" I am rebooting.

I have tried removing all connections except the power, keyboard, and monitor to the same end. I also tried installing a different monitor with no success. I tried booting into safe mode via f8 multiple times without seeing bios or any signal.
What seems to be the problem?
Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:24 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

The first thing I would suggest checking is...all connections.

If you have a separate video card (it's not onboard video), then I suggest removing the video card and reseating it. If it's onboard video, then I would (because I have spare components lying around my apartment) try a video card in lieu of the onboard. In such cases, I have to make sure that I have the appropriate video card type that matches up with my motherboard.

The only way that I approach troubleshooting a lack of video on a system...is to try to assure myself that other likely suspects (power supply, RAM, hard drive) can be moved to another system and actually work there.

When I'm sure that the above components/functions are working properly...and I still have a problem...I move on to the hard stuff (CPU, motherboard) as suspects. My experience-level doesn't allow me to do much with these, so I just take the troubled system to a local computer shop (I trust) and ask them to check it out for me.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users